SP: Smash Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Pregnancy Symptoms
Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 3:24 am by Guest

» domki kaszuby basen
Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 10:44 pm by Guest

» Medication Reference Guide
Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 9:40 pm by Guest

» cosmopolitan
Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 12:52 pm by Guest

» noclegi miedzyzdroje forum
Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 1:55 am by Guest

» Virtually as cut-price as files
Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 12:51 pm by Guest

» londyn pokoje do wynajecia
Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 2:58 am by Guest

» Phoenicians Medicine
Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 5:27 pm by Guest

» apartamenty feniks
Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 1:48 am by Guest

Similar topics
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 148 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:41 pm
Top posters
Zephron
Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Vote_lcapOfficial Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Voting_barOfficial Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Forsaken Fury
Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Vote_lcapOfficial Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Voting_barOfficial Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
Ender
Jaguaris
HanZo
Plaid02
neku13
~Dimentio~
Fyro
SmAsH.Man
Statistics
We have 45 registered users
The newest registered user is blayhay

Our users have posted a total of 1817 messages in 161 subjects
Vote! MKW top 100
Nintendo WiFi Alliance's Top 100 Mario Kart Wii Clans
Brawl Top 100
Nintendo WiFi Alliance's Top 100 Super Smash Bros Brawl Clans

Official Art Critique Thread

Go down 
+3
Zephron
Plaid02
Ender
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
neku13
neku13

Male
Number of posts : 88
Friend Codes : brawl is 4339-5754-3832
Brawl Main : Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Zeln
Personality : optimistic
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Art Critique Thread   Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 9:53 pm

im actually feeling somewhat good about this one!!!

Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Sotw4-10
critique away
Back to top Go down
http://planetofhonor.forumotion.net
Zephron
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Zephron

Male
Number of posts : 310
Friend Codes : Brawl: 1934-2362-2797
Brawl Main : Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Lucn
Personality : Skilled
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Official Art Critique Thread   Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:50 pm

Do I always have to be the only one expected to critique these things!?

I'll do it later.

But seriously Shiki... make your sig smaller. You have all of your sigs in there. Remove all of them except for your most recent one. Please. If you have to have them all, add a spoiler bar.
Back to top Go down
Jaguaris
Silver Member
Silver Member
Jaguaris

Male
Number of posts : 192
Personality : flexible
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Official Art Critique Thread   Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 2:39 am

I'll critique.

Way too many renders and stuff. Most sigs have 1 guy and have him/her put as the focal point (I think). The background is terrible and we can tell you duplicated like 3 times and just put them one over the other.

I see no lighting apart from the LENS FLARE!!!! Not a very good source of lighting my friend. I see what you tried to do by making some sort of energy ball...thing in the guys hand. But please, PLEEEEASE if you are going to attempt something like that, try put it BEHIND the guys hand and not over it. And don't use lens flare. NEVER!

The 3 characters you put in it don't blend at all with the background. They have obviously been placed there with no intent of blending in. Also the rendering itself is terrible. You can see the white bits that where supposedly the former white background. Work on that. Much importance.

No flow whatsoever. Nothing. They aren't moving at all for all I'm concerned. They're just standing there. Another important thing you need to work on.

And text. You need to get new and GOOD fonts. Those colors don't work at all. They don't blend. I mean seriously, Red....and purple? And please don't use Times New Roman.

Also, for great justice, please use one sig or use a spoiler bar or something. The space you're taking up is ridiculous.

Ok.
Back to top Go down
Ender
Site Owner
Site Owner
Ender

Male
Number of posts : 230
Friend Codes : 4811-6616-5058
Brawl Main : Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Dorfn
Personality : Funny
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Official Art Critique Thread   Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 10:48 am

Hey! I ordered a cheeseburger!

But srsly, I can't actually see the image due to my school's block of photobucket. Im at school, btw. So I felt like posting here to assert myself into the critique thread. Admins are ALLOWED to spam! Ha HA!
Back to top Go down
https://smashplanet.forumotion.com
Plaid02
SSBB General
SSBB General
Plaid02

Male
Number of posts : 106
Friend Codes : 5198 2125 7297
Brawl Main : Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Tlinkn

PostSubject: Re: Official Art Critique Thread   Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 5:02 pm

My turn. While I don't actually do art I can criticize anything. Mostly. I just need an idea of what is good, which is instinctive in art by definition and what isn't I already learned from Zeph's monologues.

So, Shiki's sig thing. It looks like you took three mediocre mini-sigs and put them side by side, hoping they would blend. They didn't. The purple line things completely clash with each other in a decided line on the left. Don't do that either.

Now for the font. It sucked. Sorry, that was kinda harsh. I'll be more specific. The color choice for the font seemed to have been decided completely arbitrarily; don't do that. Pick a font color that matches your color scheme. The red on the bottom was hideous. Your font style choice was mediocre as well; It was completely straight and rather boring. I might not have noticed it had it not clashed with your simple, likewise unmatching background. The positioning is poor too.

I also agree with everything Jag said, but I add that someone need set your photoshop up the bomb. Or at least make your sig only have the top sig, or a different one you choose. The Ada Wong thing with the face is going to make me shoot myself.

This reminds me, When do you plan to remake my sig, Zeph? The main thing that needs redoing is the toon link render (and state of plaidness), maybe make the colors a little brighter.
Back to top Go down
Zephron
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Zephron

Male

PostSubject: Re: Official Art Critique Thread   Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 5:14 pm

Plaid02 wrote:
I also agree with everything Jag said, but I add that someone need set your photoshop up the bomb. Or at least make your sig only have the top sig, or a different one you choose. The Ada Wong thing with the face is going to make me shoot myself.

On second thought, don't do anything with your sig, shiki :3
Lol just kidding.

Plaid02 wrote:

This reminds me, When do you plan to remake my sig, Zeph? The main thing that needs redoing is the toon link render (and state of plaidness), maybe make the colors a little brighter.

If I'm going to re-make it, I'm doing it all over again. As in a whole new different sig.
But yours is going to have to wait. I'm making a banner for MeowMix and I still have to do HanZo's sig, which most probably thought I forgot. I didn't Razz

Also, I love using my MOD powers to correct people's grammar / spelling mistakes XD
Done it for like 3 posts today.
Back to top Go down
neku13
neku13

Male

PostSubject: Re: Official Art Critique Thread   Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 7:38 pm

Plaid02 wrote:
My turn. While I don't actually do art I can criticize anything. Mostly. I just need an idea of what is good, which is instinctive in art by definition and what isn't I already learned from Zeph's monologues.

So, Shiki's sig thing. It looks like you took three mediocre mini-sigs and put them side by side, hoping they would blend. They didn't. The purple line things completely clash with each other in a decided line on the left. Don't do that either.

Now for the font. It sucked. Sorry, that was kinda harsh. I'll be more specific. The color choice for the font seemed to have been decided completely arbitrarily; don't do that. Pick a font color that matches your color scheme. The red on the bottom was hideous. Your font style choice was mediocre as well; It was completely straight and rather boring. I might not have noticed it had it not clashed with your simple, likewise unmatching background. The positioning is poor too.

lol, i didnt like the font much either, but there was a deadline, and i had little time, i would have chosen betterBUT NO COLOR WOULD EVER WORK LOL.
Back to top Go down
Zephron
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Zephron

Male

PostSubject: Re: Official Art Critique Thread   Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 8:35 pm

It helps if you use:

1.) A better font

2.) A gradient or perhaps the blending option "Outer Glow"

A black color with purple-ish outer glow would've worked fine here.
Back to top Go down
Plaid02
SSBB General
SSBB General
Plaid02

Male
Number of posts : 106
Friend Codes : 5198 2125 7297
Brawl Main : Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Tlinkn

PostSubject: Re: Official Art Critique Thread   Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 6:10 pm

Zeph, if you think you can outdo me in the area of grammar, it's time for war. I never make grammatical errors or spelling errors. Most of the time when you try and correct me I was right in the first place. Anyway, time to find and fix everything you've misspelled and worded incorrectly. Remember our quiz? Yeah. I should have typed that.
Back to top Go down
Zephron
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Zephron

Male

PostSubject: Re: Official Art Critique Thread   Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 6:17 pm

Yeesh, you're so queer.

I never said I can outdo you in grammar, I just noted I fixed one of your posts, once, with a simple mistake.

Way to waste your time <_<
Fine by me.

You should've typed it? Wow... like anyone would even know. Cwod didn't even look at our quiz, nor did anyone else, if you heard what he said.

You make such a big deal out of everything.

^ nwo spelwwing mistakkes Razz
Back to top Go down
Jaguaris
Silver Member
Silver Member
Jaguaris

Male

PostSubject: Re: Official Art Critique Thread   Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 7:11 am

Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Foxsiggy

Umm.... So yea, just testing effects. Also my custom fonts aren't working so no text.
Back to top Go down
Zephron
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Zephron

Male

PostSubject: Re: Official Art Critique Thread   Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 6:22 pm

You went too overboard on the effects. You are testing them out, but dont use that as an excuse. You want your effects to be balanced and well placed, yes?

Fox's face has a ton of red lines, which I am assuming are some of your effects. It's good that the effects are at least reaching him, but it's covering his face up too much and it looks ugly. You need to grab your eraser and set it to like 50% opacity and rub some off of his face, and some of his body, too.

His gun is almost completely black and I cant see any of the detail on it. For such an important part of the render, I'd expect to have it not completely blackened over. Put a red lighting effect on it or just stop using that terrible blending effect on it, to that extent.

The background is very nice. Very cool looking. Nothing wrong here.
I personally would've added a little render or something extra though.

It's great you are advancing into effects, but remember that your focal point (fox) is on top of your effects, not blended into them. You want him to be affected by them, but not overwhelmed.

It's a really hard thing to describe, and the line of "acceptable" is quite thin. I dun like it either, but it's life.

Good work overall.
Back to top Go down
neku13
neku13

Male

PostSubject: Re: Official Art Critique Thread   Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 6:51 pm

Zephron wrote:
You went too overboard on the effects. You are testing them out, but dont use that as an excuse. You want your effects to be balanced and well placed, yes?

Fox's face has a ton of red lines, which I am assuming are some of your effects. It's good that the effects are at least reaching him, but it's covering his face up too much and it looks ugly. You need to grab your eraser and set it to like 50% opacity and rub some off of his face, and some of his body, too.

His gun is almost completely black and I cant see any of the detail on it. For such an important part of the render, I'd expect to have it not completely blackened over. Put a red lighting effect on it or just stop using that terrible blending effect on it, to that extent.

The background is very nice. Very cool looking. Nothing wrong here.
I personally would've added a little render or something extra though.

It's great you are advancing into effects, but remember that your focal point (fox) is on top of your effects, not blended into them. You want him to be affected by them, but not overwhelmed.

It's a really hard thing to describe, and the line of "acceptable" is quite thin. I dun like it either, but it's life.

Good work overall.
i agree with the fox thing, as well as his gun, he is a little overdone with the ammount of effects though. i agree with zeph about the extra render as well, just to make the sig, idk, it would just make the sig have more action in it. i do not like the red line coming out of fox's eye very much, for some reason, red things tend to aggravate me alot lately, it wouldnt bother me as much, were it not clearly over fox, but somwhere else. i do dig the backround though, it is cool with the red color, and it looks fitting (to me at least).
Back to top Go down
Zephron
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Zephron

Male

PostSubject: Re: Official Art Critique Thread   Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 7:42 pm

shiki rocks13 wrote:
i do not like the red line coming out of fox's eye very much, for some reason, red things tend to aggravate me alot lately, it wouldnt bother me as much, were it not clearly over fox, but somwhere else.

Yeah. The other lines are fine, but seriously remove the one coming out of his eye. It's nasty.
Back to top Go down
Jaguaris
Silver Member
Silver Member
Jaguaris

Male

PostSubject: Re: Official Art Critique Thread   Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 5:03 am

Like this?

Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Foxsiggy2
Back to top Go down
neku13
neku13

Male

PostSubject: Re: Official Art Critique Thread   Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 6:38 pm

yes i like that a loooooot more no more red line, i like the paw render. but it looks like u just through it there. the gun AGAIN SHOULD HAVE A BIT OF BRIGHTENING, but nnothing can be perfect. its definately an improvement
Back to top Go down
Zephron
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Zephron

Male

PostSubject: Re: Official Art Critique Thread   Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 7:26 pm

I suppose. Fox still needs quite a bit of work. He still looks like he has that "burned" blending option on him, still. The gun is also still iffy. Maybe you can put a cool effect on it to bring it out. Idk. Perhaps make it look like he's firing it.
Back to top Go down
Jaguaris
Silver Member
Silver Member
Jaguaris

Male

PostSubject: Re: Official Art Critique Thread   Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 2:17 am

Well I'm finished with that fox sig. What do you guys think of this one I tried?

Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 FlowSig
Back to top Go down
neku13
neku13

Male

PostSubject: Re: Official Art Critique Thread   Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 8:50 am

i take it your doing wanted, amiright. i like the color scheme alot actually. it may not have alot, but the blast really pops out, and there was no random effect on the render A++ on that. i like the lighting in it alot to. i also rlly like the backround in it as well. overall rlly nice sig ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zephron
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Zephron

Male

PostSubject: Re: Official Art Critique Thread   Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 2:23 pm

Never seen that render before so idk if you put any lighting effects on him but it fits really well. I mean really well.

IMO it's waaaaay too monotone. Please add more colors. Like, nao.
I've never liked those tag things on the top and bottom, but idk some people like it.

Good background... good everything... just add some color =__=
Back to top Go down
neku13
neku13

Male

PostSubject: Re: Official Art Critique Thread   Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 6:41 pm

I MADE SOME SIGS.... ARTISTIC WEEK I GUESS.... im experimenting with paint.net soooo yup
Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Sotw_810
variation 1...
Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Sotw_811
variation 2...

Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Yin_ya10
Back to top Go down
Zephron
Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Zephron

Male

PostSubject: Re: Official Art Critique Thread   Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 6:57 pm

I'm going to just say right now I'm not going to critique these.

Idk but in my opinion you're like getting worse every sig you make. Which I don't frankly get.
I've given you tons of advice but you don't use any of it. So meh I give up.
Back to top Go down
Jaguaris
Silver Member
Silver Member
Jaguaris

Male

PostSubject: Re: Official Art Critique Thread   Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 1:49 am

It's true Shiki. I've never seen anything like it. I can't believe you used paint.net.

I'm going to make a tutorial topic filled with a bunch of tuts that helped me get to the stage I'm actually at. Look at them and you should understand some of the basics. Like lighting, blending etc.

Also I take it you're rendering things yourself correct? Well don't bother doing that. People make alot of renders for us to use. Which is why the peeps in my sigs are usually clean looking renders.

http://planetrenders.net/

Beautiful site. Make an account so you can get the renders there.
Back to top Go down
Ender
Site Owner
Site Owner
Ender

Male
Number of posts : 230
Friend Codes : 4811-6616-5058
Brawl Main : Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Dorfn
Personality : Funny
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Official Art Critique Thread   Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 9:38 pm

Planet renders. I love you. I also have made a really cool bowser render, among other things. It is the one from mario hoops, but without the ball and I added in fingers where I took it out. rly good render.

anyway, I whipped this up real quick like. Not my best, noy my worst.
What do ya think?

Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Shadowsig
Back to top Go down
https://smashplanet.forumotion.com
Jaguaris
Silver Member
Silver Member
Jaguaris

Male

PostSubject: Re: Official Art Critique Thread   Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 10:00 pm

I never got those arrows. I just don't get how they work. The purple and orange color scheme works nicely however you use it too much. It does work well with Shadow.

Good job.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Art Critique Thread   Official Art Critique Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Art Critique Thread
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next